How do you show an invisible product?
When we learned about Air-FiTM, Trane’s wireless technology for building controls, we found that the product’s primary feature – it’s wireless capability – was the very thing that made it so difficult to communicate on screen.
After we spent some time with the team doing our discovery process for a new video, we came away with a three pillars that would help us tell the Air-Fi story:
- Air-Fi is a modern product.
- While it might be difficult to see, Air-Fi is easy to understand, if explained.
- Wireless technology isn’t new to the HVAC industry but it isn’t as widely-adopted as it is outside of the industry.
With this knowledge in hand, we set out to create a concept that incorporated each of the findings:
- A modern product deserves a modern location, modern writing, modern wardrobe and a modern soundtrack.
- The message should be delivered by a sincere, authentic spokesperson (who is also modern, in their own way).
- Examples of other, fully-adapted wireless technologies will help overcome any barriers customers might have.
As we often do, we leveraged Trane’s internal graphics team to create custom motion graphics that accentuated the features and benefits of Air-Fi.
Here is the resulting video:
Producer: Josh Whitcomb
Director and DP: Chris Fink
Gaffer: Jessica Hegland
Spokesman: Daniel Green
Project Manager: Lindsey Schieffer
Motion Graphics: Daniel Herrera and Dave Whiteman (Trane)
Production Assistant: Adam Fink